I took a day off work yesterday to head up to Melbourne to attend the Home Show. I got a few good ideas out of it, but much of it was same-old same-old. I did come away with a natty ceramic grater saucer thing, a can opener that undoes the seam, rather than cutting the tin, and some smoked, spiced salt. And lots of very heavy brochures and a bunch of photos.
I ended up spending about four hours there, which was enough to comfortably get through what I wanted to see, and talk to as many people as I wanted. For example, I could cheerfully skip the spa pools and the baroque bedroom suites and the barbeques, to concentrate on bathrooms, kitchens, fake wood, and washing lines.
I'll dissect those over the next few posts, but it might be a bit before we can - we have a house full of teenage (or almost teenage boys) here for Jos's birthday, and they're using all the computers to network-play computer games.
I ended up spending about four hours there, which was enough to comfortably get through what I wanted to see, and talk to as many people as I wanted. For example, I could cheerfully skip the spa pools and the baroque bedroom suites and the barbeques, to concentrate on bathrooms, kitchens, fake wood, and washing lines.
I'll dissect those over the next few posts, but it might be a bit before we can - we have a house full of teenage (or almost teenage boys) here for Jos's birthday, and they're using all the computers to network-play computer games.
No comments:
Post a Comment