I haven't been terribly impressed with the cabinet-mounted rangehoods on offer, so I'm now looking at a wall-mounted type like we had in Colac.
Qasair has two similar ones. In either case, we'd go for the back-ducted model, with a decorative flue taking it to the ceiling.
One is the 3 Flare Federation style (3F 900L-2):
Specs for the 900mm wide one are: body height is 400mm, flue width is 300mm, 2 lights, 2 filters, each 422mm x 355mm (that is, like the top row of the spec drawing above). It is a twin motor (which I think means up to 1800m3/hr air flow), and the RRP is $3,990 (gasp).
The other is the Heritage range (H) (900HL-1)
Specs for the 900mm wide one are: body height 300mm, flue width is 240mm (I think), 2 lights, 2 filters, each 424 x 290 mm. This is a single motor model (950m3/hr on high, 475 m3/hr on low), and the RRP is $1,690. (Recommended height from cooktop is 750mm ± 50mm.)
I don't know how or whether this is different to the 900EF1T model on the website of E&S Trading (I think it's the same, the dimensions and other listed specs match) which they have for $1,345 (plus flue for $250). I think this is roughly the same as the one we had in Colac.
By comparison, our current Westinghouse (WRJ611US, under $200) one moves up to 400 m3/hr on full bore, and I don't think we've ever had it on high (it's got three speeds), not least because it's too noisy (64 dBa).
I like the look of the 3F slightly better, but not two-and-a-half times as much, and the single motor will do us fine, I think. Heritage one it is.
Qasair has two similar ones. In either case, we'd go for the back-ducted model, with a decorative flue taking it to the ceiling.
One is the 3 Flare Federation style (3F 900L-2):
| 3 Flare (3F) Federation style |
The other is the Heritage range (H) (900HL-1)
Specs for the 900mm wide one are: body height 300mm, flue width is 240mm (I think), 2 lights, 2 filters, each 424 x 290 mm. This is a single motor model (950m3/hr on high, 475 m3/hr on low), and the RRP is $1,690. (Recommended height from cooktop is 750mm ± 50mm.)
I don't know how or whether this is different to the 900EF1T model on the website of E&S Trading (I think it's the same, the dimensions and other listed specs match) which they have for $1,345 (plus flue for $250). I think this is roughly the same as the one we had in Colac.
By comparison, our current Westinghouse (WRJ611US, under $200) one moves up to 400 m3/hr on full bore, and I don't think we've ever had it on high (it's got three speeds), not least because it's too noisy (64 dBa).
I like the look of the 3F slightly better, but not two-and-a-half times as much, and the single motor will do us fine, I think. Heritage one it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment