It occurred to me to get out my tape measure and just check whether I had the 1.5m required to put in a gorgeous double basin free-standing vanity. And the short answer is No. Resoundingly no. I have a screaming maximum of about 120cm, or 165cm if I can incorporate the central heating return air vent, and that's assuming I don't want to be able to get around the bath to clean it.
Back to the drawing board.
Now the air vent can be moved to the other side of the room, next to the toilet, and have a tall cabinet over the return air. Or something.
Back to Schots
Or I could get costed my original idea of
perhaps using a rich green faux-marble, to suit the bath. Or hell, I could just repaint the outside of the bath, which might be easier.
One bunch I talked to at the Home Show was Shine Living, whose prices are reasonable, and who may be prepared to do a custom make for me. I've just sent an email to that effect.
Back to the drawing board.
Now the air vent can be moved to the other side of the room, next to the toilet, and have a tall cabinet over the return air. Or something.
Back to Schots
| Shaker Single Vanity 920W x 595D x 870H, cognac/beige, $1389 excl taps etc |
| Edison Single Vanity 1005W x 565D x 855H, cognac/white, $1999 exl taps |
| Astor Deco Single, 1110W x 570D x 895H, cognac w beige, white or black top, $2299 excl taps |
perhaps using a rich green faux-marble, to suit the bath. Or hell, I could just repaint the outside of the bath, which might be easier.
One bunch I talked to at the Home Show was Shine Living, whose prices are reasonable, and who may be prepared to do a custom make for me. I've just sent an email to that effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment