There are some lovely touches in the old house. It has the old style push button light switches, which I'm really worried aren't to (current) code, so no sparky will be willing to relocate them (they'll be required legally to replace them with non-period yucky ones if they touch them).
 |
| Top button for on, which pushes out bottom button. These are both on. |
The house also has lots of stained glass panels. I've not seen the window ones anywhere else, so I have a strong suspicion that they were designed (and possibly made) by the couple who built the house.
There are three different designs in the upper panels of the sash windows of the two bay windows.
There are various round windows - two either side of the front door:
And two at the back which the previous renovators retained (albeit in an odd place)
 |
| The You Yangs (nearby 'mountain' range) do often look purplish. |
 |
| And this could easily be a photo of the Corio bay. |
We *do* have bay glimpses
 |
| That darkish blue horizon mid-frame |
 |
| Can you see it now? |
There's the tetraptych (!) landscape on the four folding doors between the formal dining and sitting rooms (I'll try to get a better picture later)
and the front door panels too
No comments:
Post a Comment