14 August 2013

Idea file - rangehoods

I'm pretty certain that I want an in-cabinet rangehood for this kitchen (rather than a free-standing one). That limits the options quite a bit. The adjoining cabinets will be deep enough to hold a microwave oven (~37cm), although standard wall cabinet depth is more like 30cm.

Qasair is my default pick: Australian made, outstanding reputation, but they are very pricey.

Options from them include the Foldaway (which my parents have, I think):
Downsides: only available in white (not stainless steel) finish. The 600mm wide one is RRP $1,853 (per E&S); the 90cm one seems to have an RRP of $2075. (Feedback from Mum: it's the right height for her (ca 5'3"), but completely wrong for Dad (nearly 6').) The price seems extraordinary, but it gets worse.

The Universal requires a cabinet depth of 430mm, but ensures it covers more of the cooking space than most ones. It doesn't come in a 90mm width, but does come in 800 and 1000 mm (amongst others).
The UV 800L2T seems to have an RRP of $2,475 (E&S $2,351)

And the Undermount (NDCH) comes in a range of sizes incl 800, 900, and 1000 mm. The body depth is 280mm (that is, to fit a 300mm cabinet)
RRP for this one appears to be around $2,575 (NDCH 1000L)

Others include the Integra, which is not required to be in a cabinet, but could have one on top. It is remote switched, and projects 600mm from the wall.
The CM model is designed to have an exposed fascia 10cm high, and sticks out 220cm from the (standard 30cm depth) cabinet (ie body depth is 210mm). RRP for CM 1000L is not yet found. It is similar to the Maitland (SMF range), which has a 150mm fascia (SMF 1000L RRP is to be advised.)




And finally, there's the Marcel, one of the pull-out types. It only comes in 1000 mm width (what I'm after).

I looked at a bunch of other ones too, but most are the rather dinky pull-out ones (nice idea, not keen on the moving parts), or are pretty close in price to the Qasair ones. Or both. I'll need to think on this one a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment