14 August 2013

Idea file - the kitchen sink

The sink we have isn't toooo bad. I was intrigued that El chose to keep her sink, on advice, even though she doesn't really like it. Our existing one is an old Oliveri, which is okay, but lacks a few features (sink wastes, accessories, waste to the rear of the bowl so the plumbing is out of the way, etc).

For the Colac kitchen, my records show I went for the Franke Erica sink EUX621, costing $570 in 2004. It looks like this:
Large bowl 340 x 420 x 175mm; requires 800mm cabinet per spec sheet, but does not appear to be available (at least by that name) in Australia.

At E&S Trading, there were a couple of other Franke sinks:
AMX651, $549 (RRP $649)
According to the Australian Franke site, this isn't available here. However, if the label is correct, then the large bowl is 340 x 400 x 205 mm; it requires a 600mm cabinet.

I also rather like the Oliveri sinks (bonus, Australian made and owned), particularly the Monet series.Unfortunately, the MO701/702 has been discontinued, but may still be available at $690, Hardings.

The next size up is the Monet MO711/712, with a 3/4 bowl, rather than a half bowl.
The larger bowl is 350 x 420 x 180 mm. E & S Trading label price is $752 (RRP $765); Harding's label price is $730, but I was quoted $645 today. (This last price is consistent with online prices.) Unfortunately, I don't recall what size cabinet it requires (I have up to 750mm nominal, so this will be pushing it, but should make it).

The other Oliveri range is the Petite, particularly the PE301/302
The main bowl is 330 x 400 x 180 mm, and the sink will fit in a 600 mm nominal width cabinet.
Harding's label price for this sink is $570; E&S label price is $589 (RRP $600). So it's cheaper, but not as pretty as the Monet.
(The next size up, the PE311/312 has a three-quarter secondary bowl, and the E&S label price is $622)

Harding's also had a Clark sink that I liked the look of, but which is not in its current catalogue, suggesting it may have been discontinued too. However, the centrally located waste is a big minus, as is the $770 label price.
Model 5700 Gourmet


Short version: I've check the cabinet requirements for the MO712, and go with that if it fits. Otherwise, I might need to hunt around for a remaindered MO702, or go with a different sink.

2 comments:

Abs said...

The MO712 fits in a 700mm nominal cabinet. Sorted.

Abs said...

The MO712 fits in a 700mm nominal cabinet. Sorted.

Post a Comment