14 August 2013

Idea file - stovetop / hob / cooktop

Okay, so givens: must be gas; would strongly prefer a 90cm width; easy to clean/will catch spillages; minimum five burners; under $2k, preferably well under.

So here are some examples (and their RRPs or other price where available):

Bosch (we already have a Bosch oven, which we're very happy with)
PCT915B9TA $1,399 RRP
PCR915B91A $1,199 RRP ($999 at HN)
Blanco (I went for a Blanco BCG95XFF, $1263, incl iron trivets, after exhaustive research for the Colac kitchen). It may still be available. (FF = flame failure, not sure about FFC)

BCG95XFFC RRP $1,499 (FF RRP $1,349)

CGLP905WXFFC $1,499 RRP
CG905WXFFC RRP $1,299
We've been pretty happy with our F&P dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer.
CG905DWFCX1 online price ~$750
CG905DX1, RRP $1,299, label price $1,031 @ E&S

And here's a few others that meet the minimum specifications, from Harvey Norman's website (incl prices):
Smeg CIR597X $1501
Omega OG92XA, $1404

Miele KM2054G, $1,999
Ariston PH960MSTGH, $1599
I think the folks put in an Ariston before they became a Harvey Norman private label. I'm not sure whether they've maintained the quality since they did. I like the less rectilinear lines of this one. I've got a query in to the folks (London, I think, at the moment) to get some feedback.

Westinghouse GHR795S, $757
AEG HG90FX, $1699
iLVE H39PC/X, $1499
Neff T29R66N0AU, $1899


And finally,

I saw this remainered AEG/Electrolux at Harding's. I think it's only 75cm; HN has it for $1399

I think I'll hunt around some reviews. Visually, I like the Ariston one best, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment