The nature of the material/size of the tile will affect (to some extent) the design of the kitchen, particularly the height of the raised bench over the rest of the island bench.
For the Colac house, we had a handmade warm orange 20x20cm tile.
This time round, the fashion seems to be 30x60cm tiles.
I was initially skeptical when the salesperson at Walkers suggested the Morovia series, but it quickly grew on me. I initially favoured the "Dark", with lots of greens, as the room has moss green walls.
 |
| With possible benchtop samples |
But after visiting my sister (the one who recently renovated) I remembered that we will need to repaint anyway, and would prefer a soft beige/off white. I also remembered that we had fairly new drapes which we'd plan on keeping, and it would be smart to check if they worked together. (I had to take a curtain with me, as the fabric has been discontinued and I couldn't get a sample.)
So I ventured out again, this time to National Tiles. There were two that caught my eye: the Morovia again, and another pattern called 'Silk'.
 |
| Curtain next to Silk Nero |
 |
| Curtain next to Silk Olive |
I re-examined the Morovia series, and was still drawn to the Dark, but also to the Cream
 |
| Dark on the left, Cream on right. |
 |
| This probably shows the difference better |
I think I'll probably go with the Cream, which goes a little better with the curtain, is a little softer, and has a little more warmth to it.
 |
| Morovia Cream, plus curtain |
Unfortunately, it's presently on backorder, so I haven't got a sample to bring home and play with/take with me to choose benchtop and drawer panels, but I should be able to get one soon.
UPDATE:
Walkers offer it cheaper (around $11.80/unit, compared to National Tiles $16.95/unit), and they let me take home a sample. I took that to Newgrove Benchtops, and I'm pretty sure I've picked the benchtop now - French Sandstone, by Formica. It picks up the soft pinks in the tile, and has some pattern, without being too intrusive.
 |
| Same again, but different lighting/bench colour |
 |
| With some faux timbers to show compatibility |
As for the Colac kitchen, they will be 700mm wide, round edge. Sorted.
 |
| Bullnose/round edge (180 degrees) edge |
3 comments:
I love the Morovia Cream!
Thanks, B. I think I've pretty much settled on that one. I'm glad you approve!
And I think I've sorted the drawer unit panel colour - it's a dark reddish brown, called Pomegranate by Formica
Post a Comment