4 September 2013

Sorted (after final checks): ensuite

So, following on from the discovery of the angled hinges, I've re-sketched the ensuite. It's a photo of a rough sketch, but you get the idea. (See, maths is useful even after you've finished school - I had to calculate the sides of the triangle that has the door as its hypotenuse.)



I spent some time with Paulina at Sure Grip today, and we have provisionally sorted the tiles for this room. The two conditions are (a) making sure the colours work with the vanity unit (I'm taking samples up to Ikea next Wed), and (b) deciding whether we can justify the gobsmackingly expensive feature tile I've fallen in love with (it's $74.95 per tile! or $950/m2!!!))

So, recall that the vanity is this
and the mirrored cabinet is this
and the dunny will be white porcelain.

The floor tile is the variegated brown, the wall tile the glossy milky coffee, the dark brown small square is to represent the vanity etc, and the oh-so-pricey feature is gold, and brown, and black and silver, and oh my.

Here's an image of the full tile (from Beaumont's website)
and my crappy photo of the same
Anyway, it's far more luxe than it looks here.

Plan is, poo-brown on floor, creamy coffee on walls to 1200 all around except west wall (behind toilet to shower) and north wall (shower to edge of mirror cabinet) to 2100 (or thereabouts), with a half-height row of the Tiffany at 1500.

That way, we should only need (1.9 + 1.5) linear metres, or 3.4m. Each tile is 281mm, so that's a hair over 12 tile widths. However, we'll be getting two widths per tile (by cutting them in half), so that means seven tiles, add one more for possible niche backing in shower, then that's a box of eight tiles for the heart-attack inducing price of $600.

Paulina will get back to me with a quote, but I'm estimating around $1600 for tiles, grout, edging and sealant.

No comments:

Post a Comment