27 September 2013

It's official. The banns have been published.

So, the application for the planning permit is in, and the sign is up on the fence. It's like publishing the banns of marriage. "If any of you know cause or just impediment why these two persons should not be permitted to lift the roof, ye are to declare it."

Because the pop-top will go over 7.5m from natural ground level, we have to go through the planning permit application process. We have to display an A2 sized sign on the fence for two weeks, and the immediate neighbours will get a letter from the council (three across, either side, three behind) notifying them of the proposal. I've already talked to the only one of those eight likely to be affected, and (a) they won't be and (b) they've given their blessing.

The sign the council originally issued said that it would have to be up minus two weeks (council person in charge put 14 September, instead of 14 October), but Nic, our architect went back to the council, and back to the laminating place, to get a new sign up this arvo. The sign has to be up until at least 14 October, and then I have to sign a stat dec saying it was indeed up and visible until at least that date.

Nic and I also spent a couple of hours this morning going through the drawings with a fine tooth comb towards preparing tender documents. We've put in power points, and light switches, and extra storage, and moved windows, and reassigned doors (will only need to get one new door - all the rest will be reused). Dan, the other partner of the architecture firm and the CAD guru, will have the misfortune to go through Nic and my notes scrawled in a range of colours all over the drawings, and try to incorporate them into the file.

In the meantime, I've bought all three vanities incl sinks (the third was delivered today), and two of the three mirror cabinets. I have ordered and paid for the tiles for all three bathrooms.

Next, I need to choose tiles for the laundry, specify the microwave oven, consider whether we're going to change the colour of the outside of the house, and which of the squillion beige-ish off-white colours we're going to repaint most of the walls. I'll need to determine which carpet is to be laid upstairs, which taps/mixers/shower roses/spouts/toilets etc I want, and choose which is the least ugly of the light switches (given we almost certainly won't be able to relocate any of the original push-button light switches, due to electrical regulations). Oh, and JD needs to decide whether and to what extent we're going to build in capacity for smart-phone operation of power points/heating/lighting/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment