At present, the shower stall in the downstairs bathroom is square, although the door opening may be a little troublesome. At the Home Show in Melbourne the other week, it was suggested I consider a shower stall with an angled door. All my googling threw up only fairly ugly ones with restricted sizes and plastic, pre-formed bases and stuff. Not consistent with a continuously tiled floor and a frameless shower screen I had in mind.
Perusing the Stegbar site, I may have found an answer:
It uses an angled hinge (there are also angled brackets):
and a cross bar for stability. I don't know what the shiny stripe is at the bottom of the door - possibly the grate.
Anyway, the upshot is that we can have a shower any size we want (as big as possible, not necessarily square) with an angled door any size we want (as long as the door is a 45 degrees to the side panels). It would mean no privacy wall between the shower and the toilet, but I think I can deal with that. In this bathroom, we're very unlikely to have someone open the door unexpectedly.
Perusing the Stegbar site, I may have found an answer:
It uses an angled hinge (there are also angled brackets):
and a cross bar for stability. I don't know what the shiny stripe is at the bottom of the door - possibly the grate.
Anyway, the upshot is that we can have a shower any size we want (as big as possible, not necessarily square) with an angled door any size we want (as long as the door is a 45 degrees to the side panels). It would mean no privacy wall between the shower and the toilet, but I think I can deal with that. In this bathroom, we're very unlikely to have someone open the door unexpectedly.
No comments:
Post a Comment