18 June 2014

Which toilet suite(s)?

There are three dunnies required for this reno (the existing ones are (a) nasty-ass cheap ones and (b) already 15+  years old and (c) in one case, broken. So, we need three new loos.

I was looking at a fancy, expensive period-appropriate one, at least for the main bathroom, but I've decided I really can't justify paying 3-6 time more for one. So I wandered around a couple of stores today (Hardings and McCanns) and have narrowed it down to these.

I prefer suites with an enclosed bowl rather than ones where the S-bend is more exposed (fewer surfaces and nooks and crannies for dust and crud to collect on), and ones where the cistern is slightly rounded rather than harshly square-edged. And I don't really feel the need to spend more than $500 a pop.

Option 1 - Monarch from Hardings - price is right! JD agrees - I'll order three of these (assuming builder doesn't flag a problem).

Specs are here:

Option 2 - Stylus Banksia, Hardings (down from $500-something)


Option 3 - may actually be the same as the one above, as label says 'Banksia' - $450.45, McCanns

1 comment:

Abs said...

I've confirmed with Mark (builder) that these are fine, and have now put a deposit on three suites. Paid $150, bal to pay $735, collect within six weeks. Done!

Post a Comment