4 September 2014

Bathroom lighting

One of the things I've been procrastinating is the bathroom lighting - mainly because I haven't got the faintest idea what I want. Each bathroom will have a couple of ceiling mounted downlights, but there's also allowance for some task lighting over each of the mirrors. Each of the bathrooms has plenty of natural light too, from either east-facing sash windows or a large unobscured skylight.

Dear old Google to the rescue. Here are some that might work, given the electrical point is top mounted (not side-mounted).

Given JD's dislike of downlights, something like the first of these might be a suitable option for the ensuite


From the most recent Ikea catalogue (# 902.387.81), approved for bathroom use, $59
This one's fun - possibly for the boys' bathroom (only at Ikea Springvale, $79, # 500.692.85),
but the dangly bits won't work with an openable mirror 
This is fun, but probably way out our league pricewise.

This one's from Beacon Lighting - I'd be interested to see what it looks like in real life
[Contour Wall Light in Brushed Chrome/Frosted Glass - $80]
I'll throw some more ideas up shortly, and make JD offer an aesthetic opinion (which he utterly hates doing).

No comments:

Post a Comment