I thought I'd taken more pics than these, but I'll definitely have more soon.
So. we've gone from this:
to this:
And from this:
to this:
The joiner forgot to check what paint colour I wanted for the broom cupboard door, and had it painted white. I'm pretty sure I don't want it white, but given it was already done, I told him to install it and I'd check. (Note that the door is covered with glass, to be a whiteboard-type surface, for shopping lists and other reminders.)
I think I will have to get him to re-do it - the white is just too stark. The appliances are/will all be stainless steel, not white, so it's going to look a bit odd. So now I need to work out what colour I do want it.
* soft beige to match the walls (quarter-strength Hog's Bristle), but may be difficult to get an exact match
* soft grey to look a bit like stainless or aluminium, but likely to look a bit peculiar next to the fridge
* the same pomegranate as the rest of the cabinetry - possibly a bit dark to be great for a whiteboard
* something else entirely, and if so, what???
EDITED TO ADD: JD's happy enough with the white. "If not white, then what instead?" We'll let it ride for a bit and see how it goes.
So. we've gone from this:
to this:
And from this:
to this:
The joiner forgot to check what paint colour I wanted for the broom cupboard door, and had it painted white. I'm pretty sure I don't want it white, but given it was already done, I told him to install it and I'd check. (Note that the door is covered with glass, to be a whiteboard-type surface, for shopping lists and other reminders.)
I think I will have to get him to re-do it - the white is just too stark. The appliances are/will all be stainless steel, not white, so it's going to look a bit odd. So now I need to work out what colour I do want it.
* soft beige to match the walls (quarter-strength Hog's Bristle), but may be difficult to get an exact match
* soft grey to look a bit like stainless or aluminium, but likely to look a bit peculiar next to the fridge
* the same pomegranate as the rest of the cabinetry - possibly a bit dark to be great for a whiteboard
* something else entirely, and if so, what???
EDITED TO ADD: JD's happy enough with the white. "If not white, then what instead?" We'll let it ride for a bit and see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment