Woo-hoo!!!
After various delays too boring (and painful) to mention, we signed the contracts last week (or was it the week before that?), and the builder's seven-month clock has started. Temporary fencing is up, floor protection is down, demolition works start next week.
All going to plan, they will be done by the end of October, and we should be out of this rental and back in to Roxby well before Christmas.
I've checked with the builder (Sou'East Homes), and he's cool with me nipping in and taking progress photos, so I should be able to keep inquiring readers (all three of you) happy. Before they start in earnest, I need to be sure to get photos of the kids' growth chart records (those pencil marks on the wall beside the laundry) so we can reproduce them later. By the time we're back in the house, I'm expecting I'll have to stand on a chair to record Jos's height (as of a week ago, I still had half a centimetre on him).
More to come...
After various delays too boring (and painful) to mention, we signed the contracts last week (or was it the week before that?), and the builder's seven-month clock has started. Temporary fencing is up, floor protection is down, demolition works start next week.
All going to plan, they will be done by the end of October, and we should be out of this rental and back in to Roxby well before Christmas.
I've checked with the builder (Sou'East Homes), and he's cool with me nipping in and taking progress photos, so I should be able to keep inquiring readers (all three of you) happy. Before they start in earnest, I need to be sure to get photos of the kids' growth chart records (those pencil marks on the wall beside the laundry) so we can reproduce them later. By the time we're back in the house, I'm expecting I'll have to stand on a chair to record Jos's height (as of a week ago, I still had half a centimetre on him).
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment